2022 Facilitator Information
Thank you for your interest in the Elohee Center!
We are happy to assist you in exploring how Elohee Center is the ideal venue for your upcoming retreat. To book a retreat with Elohee Center:
- Review our venue options to find the best fit for your group size and needs
- Check our availability calendar for your desired dates
- Calendar Key:
- Bald Mountain Center – Mandala Hall & Forest Studio
- Elohee Exclusive – Mandala Hall, Forest Studio, and Thanksgiving House
- Calendar Key:
- Call 770.316.9195 ext. 705 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule a tour.
- Bald Mountain Center rental includes both Mandala Hall and Forest Studio.
- Rental cost: $145 per weekday night, $195 per weekend night, use of the Forest Studio is complimentary.
- Deposit: $5000
- Participant Minimum: Bald Mountain Center has a 30-participant minimum requirement. If the 30-participant minimum is not reached Elohee will retain $2500 of the deposit.
- Cottages: Rental of Bald Mountain Center, grants use of up to 7 cottages which sleep 42-50 guests.
- Internet Access: There is no internet access at the Bald Mountain Center. You will need to bring your own hotspot if you wish to connect to the internet. If you have an emergency situation requiring internet access, please contact Elohee staff via text or call 770-316-9195.
The Forest Studio is a 600-square foot room with forest views and the sound of the nearby waterfall. Rental of Forest Studio has a capacity of 20 people.
- Rental cost: $50 per weekday night, $75 per weekend night.
- Deposit: $2000
- Participant Minimum: Forest Studio has a 10-participant minimum requirement. If the 10-participant minimum is not reached Elohee will retain $1000 of the deposit.
- Cottages: Rental of Forest Studio, grants use of up to 3 cottages which sleep 18-24 guests .
- Internet Access: There is no internet access at the Forest Studio. You will need to bring your own hotspot if you wish to connect to the internet. If you have an emergency situation requiring internet access, please contact Elohee staff via text or call 770-316-9195.
Mandala Hall is a 1500- square foot room with 180-degree mountain views. Rental of Mandala Hall has a capacity of 30 people.
- Rental cost: $145 per weekday night, $195 per weekend night
- Deposit: $3000
- Participant Minimum: Mandala Hall has a 20-participant minimum requirement. If the 20-participant minimum is not reached Elohee will retain $1500 of the deposit.
- Cottages: Rental of Mandala Hall grants use of up to 4 cottages which sleep 24-32 guests.
- Internet access: There is no internet access at Mandala Hall. You will need to bring your own hotspot if you wish to connect to the internet. If you have an emergency situation requiring internet access, please contact Elohee staff via text or call 770-316-9195.
- Rental Cost: See detailed pricing here.
- Deposit: $1000
- Internet: The Thanksgiving House has high speed internet at no charge.
- Final Payment: The total cost of Thanksgiving House is due 2 weeks prior to the retreat start date.
Bald Mountain Center Accommodations
- Single occupancy: 4 single rooms with 1 twin bed and a shared bathroom (shared with one other person)
- Single or double occupancy: 1 room with 1 king bed and a private bathroom
- Single or double occupancy: 1 room with 2 twin beds and a private bathroom
Room and Board Rates: Rates are per night and include lodging, 15% hospitality tax, Georgia’s $5/room/night Hotel-Motel Fee, meals (dinner, breakfast, and lunch), and grounds use fee.
Reservations: Elohee offers two options for reservations –
- Elohee takes full reservations for accommodations and tuition. Facilitator sets the tuition for their retreats and is paid in full, less a 3.5% credit card processing fee one week after completion of the retreat. A W-9 form from the facilitator is required.
- Elohee takes reservations and payment for accommodations only. The Facilitator will register participants, collect tuition and provide a link to Elohee’s reservation system for the accommodations.
Bald Mountain Center Participant Arrival and Departure – Arrival time for participants is from 3:00pm – 4:00pm. Upon arrival participants will be shuttled from the car park directly to their room on the top of Bald Mountain. Please note that participants CANNOT arrive early. If a participant needs to arrive late, please let Elohee know ahead of time. In addition, the participant must call or text Elohee 30 minutes prior to their arrival to ensure someone will be there for shuttle service. On departure day the shuttle service will run from 1:00pm – 2:00pm. Participants will be picked up from their cottages and taken to their cars.
Weekend Night (Friday & Saturday)
|Room Type||Room||Taxes||Meals||Grounds Fee||Total|
|Small room (1 twin bed) & shared hall bath – single occupancy||$101||$20.15||$70||$15||$206.15|
|Private room/private bath – double occupancy/per person||$101||$20.15||$70||$15||$206.15|
|Large room (King or 2 Twin)/private bath -single occupancy||$202||$35.30||$70||$15||$322.30|
Weekday Night (Sunday – Thursday)
|Room Type||Room||Taxes||Meals||Grounds Fee||Total|
|Small room (1 twin bed) & shared hall bath – single occupancy||$91||$18.65||$70||$15||$194.65|
|Private room/private bath – double occupancy/per person||$91||$18.65||$70||$15||$194.64|
|Large room (King or 2 Twin)/private bath -single occupancy||$182||$32.30||$70||$15||$299.30|
Camping (Bald Mountain Only)
|Camping||Nightly Rate||Tax – 15%||Meals||Grounds Fee||Total|
This original structure is situated next to a 100-foot waterfall and is about a 10-minute walk from Bald Mountain.
With 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 2 indoor fireplaces, 1 outdoor fireplace, and a 30’x14’ meeting, yoga and meditation space, the Thanksgiving House comfortably fits 10-13 people.
Participants staying at the Thanksgiving House have use of all 3 miles of Elohee hiking trails, natural pond, spa facilities, and gift shoppe.
Reservations and Payment: Facilitators take their own reservations for Thanksgiving House. The full balance will be due 2 weeks prior to your retreat start date. Elohee accepts Zelle payments through your bank, checks or credit cards. Credit card payment will incur a 3.5% processing fee.
Meals: The Thanksgiving House has a fully equipped kitchen. Retreat leaders can provide meals for their group. Elohee meal service is available for retreats with at least 6 paying participants and costs $70 per person/day. Meals are catered to the Thanksgiving House starting with dinner on arrival day through departure day lunch. Meals are free for one facilitator.
Thanksgiving House Participant Arrival and Departure – The house is available from 2:00 PM on check-in day through 2:00 PM on check-out day. Participants are able to drive their vehicles to Thanksgiving House.
Living and dining areas
Large stone fireplace
Outside patio with fireplace, dining area, beautiful sight and sound of our 100-foot waterfall
Primary bedroom with king bed, private bath, and waterfall view
Queen bed with a waterfall view and access to the upper patio (shared bath)
Double bed + twin bed (shared bath)
Large stone fireplace in sitting area
3 twin beds with waterfall view (shared bath)
2 twin beds with waterfall view (shared bath)
Queen bed (shared bath)
|Description||Cost Per Night||2 Night-minimum Cost|
|State Tax 7%||$54.25||$108.50|
|Local Tax 8%||$62.00||$124.00|
|Total House Cost||$991.25||$1,982.50|
|Price of Participants||Price Per Participant / Per Night||Price for 10 Participants /2- night stay|
Bald Mountain Center – Meal service is provided from arrival day dinner through departure day lunch. Meals include seasonal vegetables and fruit. Chicken/turkey and seafood are included with some meals and vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options are available. Meal service is required for all Bald Mountain Center retreats (Mandala Hall + Forest Studio).
Breakfast: 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
Lunch: 12:00 PM –1:00 PM
Dinner: 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
24-hour tea service at the Tea House is included
Thanksgiving House – Meal service is optional for Thanksgiving House, however if you opt for meal service to provide meals for your group, Elohee must provide all meals during the duration of your stay. The Thanksgiving House has a fully equipped kitchen. Retreat leaders can provide meals for their group. Elohee meal service is available for retreats with at least 6 paying participants and costs $70 per person/day. Meals are catered to the Thanksgiving House starting with dinner on arrival day through departure day lunch. Meals are free for one facilitator.
Meals are made with plenty of seasonal vegetables and fruit and served buffet style. Chicken, turkey, or seafood may be included with some meals while vegetarian options are always available. Vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free options are available upon request.
Breakfast: 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
Lunch: 12:00 PM –1:00 PM
Dinner: 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Meal Cancellation Policy: If a participant cancels fewer than 4 days before a retreat, full meal price will be charged.
Private Fire Service:
Bald Mountain Fire Ring: $75 per fire. 7PM or 8:45PM slots of 1.5 hours each are available and are reserved on a first come, first served basis. Please note the quiet time begins at 10:30PM.
Thanksgiving House: Inside fires are available for $50/day on days when the outside temperature is under 60 degrees. Outside fires at the Thanksgiving House are $25 per fire. Wood and kindling is provided. Elohee will set up the fires to allow facilitators to start them at their leisure.
Guide Nature Hikes are available for $75 per hike lasting up to 2 hours.
Security Deposit: If minimum participant numbers are met, upon completion of the retreat the deposit will be refunded, applied toward your retreat fees, or rolled over towards your next retreat.
Perks for Facilitator: Free private room and board is provided for one (1) facilitator or assistant with every ten (10) paying participants. Facilitators renting Thanksgiving House will receive complimentary meals.
Facilitator Tuition Payout: Elohee will pay the facilitator the tuition collected minus a 3.5% credit card fee and other charges accrued once the retreat is concluded. We encourage facilitators who require an earlier payout to use our split reservation option.
Facilitator Cancellation Policy:
–Mandala Hall, Forest Studio or Thanksgiving House: $250 cancellation fee
-Bald Mountain Center (Mandala Hall + Forest Studio): $5000 deposit forfeited
-Mandala Hall: $3000 deposit forfeited
–Forest Studio: $2000 deposit forfeited
-Thanksgiving House: $1000 deposit forfeited
Less than 2 weeks:
-Bald Mountain Center (Mandala Hall + Forest Studio): $5000 deposit forfeited and an additional $1000 cancellation fee.
-Mandala Hall: $3000 deposit forfeited and an additional $1000 cancellation fee.
–Forest Studio: $2000 deposit forfeited and an additional $1000 cancellation fee.
-Thanksgiving House: 100% of the total amount due is forfeited
Federal or State Emergency: If a Federal or State emergency is enacted that prevents your retreat from being held, Elohee will give the facilitator the option to reschedule their retreat within a 1-year time frame and their initial deposit will be moved over to the rescheduled retreat dates. If the facilitator chooses not to reschedule within the year, but rather cancel their retreat entirely, Elohee will refund 50% of the initial deposit.
Deposit: A 40% deposit is due at registration. Each registration deposit includes a non-refundable $100 processing fee.
Full payment is due 1 week prior to the start of the retreat. If payment is not made in full 1 week prior, Elohee will charge the card on file for the remaining amount owed.
Refunds are available (minus the $100 processing fee) up to 2 weeks prior to the start of the retreat. If participant cancels between 2 weeks and 1 week prior to the retreat, Elohee will retain the entire 40% deposit.
Elohee does not provide refunds if participate cancels 7 days or less prior to the retreat.
**If participant cancels 7 days or less because they have tested positive for COVID Elohee will refund their payment minus the 40% deposit, no exceptions. Must provide proof of positive COVID test.
In the event that any damage to the property, facilities, or facility contents occurs as a result of the participant’s willful actions, neglect, or recklessness, participant will be held liable for any and all costs associated with any actions of neglect or recklessness. In this instance, an itemized list of damages and repair costs will be assessed and the participants credit card charged.
Why we have a cancellation policy:
It is Elohee’s goal as a business to have a cancellation policy that reflects a relationship with our customers that is mutually beneficial and to operate in a manner that is protective of both parties. It requires both parties to be committed to and responsible for the scheduled event. It ensures that we are able to create a space and manage an event that is reflective of the great work the facilitators who rent our property provide.
It is important for us to receive a deposit and hold to our cancellation policy to cover the costs our business has suffered as a result of a cancellation including but not limited the following:
- The costs of the administrative work already done to create, promote, and book your retreat.
- The costs of retaining employees that work during retreats and all other costs pertaining to the operation of our business.
- Receiving a cancellation notice close to the retreat start date makes it so we are unable to rebook the space to recover lost income for that time. This holds especially true to peak times in our business where we have had interest in the time booked.
Other Terms & Conditions
Adult Retreat Facility: Elohee is an adult retreat facility for people 18 and older. Please inquire about any possible exceptions.
Code of Conduct: Facilitators, guests, and staff must be respectful to each other. Your retreat may be sharing space with others outside your retreat. There is a zero-tolerance policy for violence of any kind. Violent behavior will require the involvement of law enforcement and violent offenders will be removed from the property.
Covid-19 Safety Policy: Facilitators are encouraged to set their own Covid-19 safety policies. We follow our normal sanitation protocols in the kitchen and dining areas that meet health code standards. The same standards are followed by the staff in the Spa and Gift Shoppe. We have hand sanitizers in meeting spaces and the dining room. We provide disinfectant spray for yoga mats.
General Liability Insurance: We require General liability insurance from all facilitators to cover any incident that may occur while you are using our location for your business. Elohee must be added as an additional insured on your Certificate of Insurance (COI) for the duration of your retreat, or open ended if you host several retreats a year at Elohee. The COI is issued by your insurance carrier, usually without additional cost.
We recommend that you also carry professional liability insurance (also known as Errors & Omissions) to protect your expertise. If you already have this type of insurance, your insurance carrier might be able to add general liability at a reduced cost.
Internet Access: There is no internet access at the Bald Mountain Center. You will need to bring your own hotspot if you wish to connect to the internet. If you have an emergency situation requiring internet access, please contact Elohee staff via text or call 770-316-9195. Thanksgiving House offers high-speed internet access at no extra cost.
Pet Policy: Pets are not allowed unless they are certified service animals. If the guest does bring a certified service animal there is a non-refundable pet fee of $100 and is responsible for any damages.
Property Damage by Participant: In the event that any damage to the property, facilities, or facility contents occurs as a result of the participant’s willful actions, neglect, or recklessness, participant will be held liable for any and all costs associated with any actions of neglect or recklessness. In this instance, an itemized list of damages and repair costs will be assessed, and their credit card charged.
Property Damage by Facilitator: In the event that any damage to the property, facility, or its contents occur as a result of the facilitator’s neglect, or recklessness, the facilitator will be held liable for any and all costs associated with any actions of neglect or recklessness. In this instance, an itemized list of damages and repair costs will be presented to the facilitator. The repair costs are due upon receipt. Facilitator will be held accountable for the facilitator’s participant’s willful actions, if the perpetrating participant cannot be identified.
Quiet Time: In respect of other Elohee guests and surrounding neighbors quiet time begins at 10:30PM.
Retreat Coordination Policy: Retreat planning specifics are required one month prior to the start of your event in the Elohee provided format for planning purposes. Failure to submit information requested one month prior to retreat start date will result in a $250 Administration Fee applied to the invoice.
Room/Prop Set-Up and Breakdown: Facilitator is responsible for room/prop set-up and breakdown. Failure to do so will result in a $250.00 fee.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns that are not addressed in this letter or if you would like to tour our venue or schedule a retreat. We wish you every success in providing your retreat participants with a truly satisfying, meaningful, and enjoyable experience. We are eager to assist you in your endeavors and hope to welcome you and your group to Elohee soon.
Eve E. Cook
Executive Director, Elohee Center Inc.